ERA Ecology works with governments, conservation organisations, development project managers and planners in project impact evaluations, obtaining consents and permissions from councils and the NZ Department of Conservation (DOC), design of mitigation activities to offset project impacts, site restoration, pest management, or species recovery goals. Our work is trusted by environmental organisations and regulatory authorities, and we are increasingly being requested to assist projects facing difficult environmental challenges. Because of our experience working with some of the rarest plants and animals in challenging environments around the world, we design and deliver innovative and pragmatic biodiversity management projects and advice.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Site ecological assessment, evaluation of significance, impact mitigation design and implementation of consent conditions
- Preparation and presenting of expert evidence on biodiversity and its management, including biodiversity offsetting.
- Protected area management, site restoration and community conservation projects
- Control and eradication of invasive pest plants and animals
- Biodiversity surveys
- Monitoring species and communities
- GIS mapping and modelling
- Data analysis and biometrics
- Assistance with applications for DOC permission
- Managing rare plants, birds, reptiles, fish, frogs, mammals, insects and vegetation
- Rescue, cultivation and rehabilitation of rare plants
We guarantee our work to be free of bias, grounded in sound ecological principles, based on quality knowledge, and realistic. Please contact us to discuss how we can help you.